So what's my point? Simply that as the days get shorter we have to bring the start time forward to match and keep things visible for all concerned. Additionally, the park gates shut earlier so we have a clear route without cars. This week we started at 8:30pm. I mentioned this in a few places, even on the post last week. I even told Rue Turner via Twitter a few hours before of this new time. So, how and why did he manage to miss the start? Well, I don't think Rue will ever know. Or let on. Either one.
That was my point. A cheap jibe at Rue's timekeeping.
As for the run, a new course record by first timer Sean Renfer and great to see more ladies taking part. Evens up the gender balance.
Next week it's an 8:15pm start. See you then.
- Sean Renfer 4:34 *COURSE RECORD*
- Stewart Curtis 5:10 (PB remains 5:03)
- Jack Moran 5:17 PB
- Harry Matthews 5:28 (PB remains 5:17)
- Carl Moran 5:29 (PB remains 5:26)
- Colin Haylock 5:36 (1st timer)
- Cristiano Bonato 5:38 (PB remains 5:37)
- Nick Rowe 5:39 PB
- Rob Jones 5:41 PB
- Stefan Hopper 5:44 PB
- Ian Haylock 5:45 (PB remains 5:38)
- Jin Jhooti 5:45 (PB remains 5:42)
- Jed Leicester 5:47 PB
- John Woods 5:48 (PB remains 5:41)
- Andy Wingate 5:53 (PB remains 5:48)
- Hayden Matthews 6:05 (PB remains 5:53)
- Chris 'Crispy' Wright 6:13 PB
- Merilyn Davis 6:20 PB
- Donna Richards 6:53 (PB remains 6:32)
- Heather Martingell 7:06 (PB remains 6:53)
- Kirsty Bangham 7:30 (PB remains 6:55)
- Mary 'Crispy' Hickson 7:36 (1st timer)
- Shauna Moran 7:38 (1st timer)